Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

PDA remote help

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Eagerbeaver, Aug 8, 2004.

1. Eagerbeaver

Eagerbeaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having read through the Axim thread on here I'm now confused as to what to go for.

I have an Ipaq H5450 with CIR. Having tried Nevo, Total Remote and PDA WIN remote, the Ipaq beam is just not strong enough. I have a large lounge and whilst it will reach from one end to the other the beam won't bounce off walls in the same way as my old RC2000 will.

The questions are

Is there any way to increase the pwer of the Ipaq beam. I was thinking of getting something like a Powermid IR remote extender. I could stick the receiver in the middle of the room and the transmitter would then bounce the signal at a decent output around the room (not sure if it would work like that, alternativly get a hard wired IR distribution amp with a reciever in front of the Ipaq and the transmitters in front of the equipment. (sounds messy).

Are there any compact flash type signal amplifiers like Lazer used to do. I could use this with an Ipaq CF jacket.

Should I be ditching the Ipaq and getting another dedicated pocket PC which would be better suited to gizmos such as the one that uses the audio output of the pocket PC.

Do I forget the idea of using a pocket PC as a universal remote as the whole idea is too compromised. I'm reluctant to go down this last route as I like the idea of using the pocket PC to control my MP3 player which it does very well.

2. Leto

Leto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry can't help but I run a XDAII so would be interested if anyone has any ideas on this as well!

3. shoehorn

shoehorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32