• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PDA-H03 data cable for Pioneer PDP-436XDE – Is there any other way????

D

Dave100

Hi all,

I am sure this must have been asked before, so if someone can point me to the link or give me a brief explanation it would be much appreciated. :lease:

The question I have is this . . . Is there anyway of using a standard audio cable and an HDMI cable with DVI converter instead of the PDA-H03 cable, to connect the Pioneer PDP-436XDE plasma to the media box???

The thing is I have renovated my place and have put every possible cable in apart from this pioneer specific one!! :oops: I’m presuming one is for sound and one for picture and I’m just hoping there is someway round this.

Any pointers anyone can give me would be a great help!!:)

Dom996

Established Member
Is this question because you need a longer one? If so Pioneer can supply or an alterntive supplier is Wireworld.

D

Dave100

As a last resort I will buy one, but I’m really hoping there is someway of using the cables I have currently got.

But just in case, do you know if I can get a 15m one from Wireworld and at what kind of cost?

MAW

Banned
15m is too far for DVI, there is an optical one at a ludicrous £600+, not even sure that's enough, thouroughly silly price whatever. 15m is too far for the kit to plasma link whatever plasma you have. Component video would be OK, but HD video via digital will not reliably work. Re-think your install if I were you.

Dom996

Established Member
Expensive yes, but my belief is that you can go to 20m with very good (expensive cables), just make sure they are certified to 1080p (which the Pio can display with downscaling)

MAW

Banned
WE make a fair bit of use of 10m DVI ultra long distance cables, they work OK. I would not stake my reputation on any cable working at distances over 10m. It might, but then it might not, and then where are you? Up :censored: creek without a paddle.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom