1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PDA control of Philips NetX wifi remote extender

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by andyatkins, Jun 16, 2004.

1. andyatkins

andyatkins
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could someone please advise if this idea is feasible:-

I want to remote control my AV kit (Sky+) from another room. Can I configure an iPAQ 3970 with a WifI card installed to control a Philips NetX remote extender over my home Wifi network?

In other words what I'm asking is can i get my PDA to emulate a Philips iPronto including sending the appropriate commands over WiFI to a NetX (it would just think it was reciving commands from an iPronto?)

Basically I dont want ot spend over £1k on a posh remote control but would be happy to spen a bit to get a NetX..

Thanks for your help.

2. SimonO

SimonO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    As far as I know, although the iPronto connects to the NetX via WiFi the IR commands are still sent via RF so I don't think this would ever be possible...

3. ebariaux

ebariaux
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You might want to take a look at NetRemote. It runs on a PDA and can control your gear via IR through WiFi (several IR emitters are possible) and it can also provide two-way control of programs (e.g. media players) running on your PC, ...

Take a look at http://www.netremote.org, also look at the forums there.

Eric.