1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PDA As Remote - screen damage

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by McBain, Aug 7, 2003.

1. McBain

McBain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    All,

After Messiah's excellent discussion of how great his Axim /w PDA-IR is, i'm seriously considering going down this route as opposed to a Pronto.

However, I'm concerned about using the PDA as a touch screen remote. Bear in mind that my previous experiences of PDAs are as personal organisers etc. They ship with a stylus for operation, and people are usually extemely protective about the screen - wanting to keep scratches to minimum etc. There's no way that normal usage of a PDA invloves touching the screen with your fingers. As far as I know, you cant just usually replace the screen - its whole new PDA time.

Anyway - can anyone with experience of PDA (Axim particularly) as a remote comment on how their screen is holding up? Do people use screen protectors of any kind, or are you all just going to replace the PDA when the screen gets buggered?

Cheers

2. fufna

fufna

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In my experience, PDA screens are pretty tough (the come with a protective coating from the factory)

You finger is going to be a lot easier on the screen than a more pointed object anyway (ie the stylus designed for it!)