1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pd5200 Scar to Component

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by bezzy, Feb 16, 2005.

1. bezzy

bezzy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    [new to forum so forgive if i sound a bit thick.. Just bought two scart to component leads to link my sky+ and Panasonic home cinema to my pd5200. however when conected to sky + all i get is a flickering picture(sky+ is set to RGB) and I dont get any picture on my home cinema..Im sure I must be doing something wrong..Any help would be appreciated.. Thanks. :lease:

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,465
    bezzy

When you say 'SCART to Component leads' what exactly have you purchased?

Best regards

Joe

3. bezzy

bezzy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Joe,, On the advice of the chap who installed my sky+, I bought two leads made by clicktronic one end being a scart plug and on the other a red ,blue and green component plug.He said it would improve my sky+ and dvd picture, however I cannot get them to work, I plugged the scart into sky+ and other end into R,G,B plugs on plasma tele, the only picture i can obtain is either a crappy pink one or one that flickers. Im sure it must be a setting on tele but i cant figure it out,,any help would be appreciated..Thanks
    i

4. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,465
    Hello bezzy

Your Installer owes you the price of the two cables I'm afraid.

Your SKY+ box has the ability to output Composite (called PAL in the SKY set-up menu) or RGB from its SCART socket.

RGB is the preferred choice if your TV is also RGB enabled.

RGB is a 'Component' video signal - its a four core (Red, Green, Blue + Sync on Composite) signal.

YUV is another type of 'Component' video signal that uses three connectors - this time the Sync signal is carried on the Green conductor.

A very few devices will have the ability to Output YUV from a SCART socket - when they do the cable you have purchased is ideal.

If your TV has RGB SCART enabled Input sockets then you want to get the best SCART to SCART cables you can afford.

If your TV does not have SCART sockets and does have YUV 'Component' sockets you will require an RGB to YUV converter between the SCART Output on the Digibox and the three Phono YUV Input sockets on your TV - a decent converter will cost you £145.00 + cables.

Best regards

Joe

5. bezzy

bezzy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Joe,, Thanks for clearing that up..Looks like ill have to buy a decent scart lead,, for your info the tele im connecting to is an Hitachi 42pd5200 plasma..Wether that makes any difference..Thanks again,,,Steve

6. kismet110

kismet110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +389
    The Plasma Screen you're connecting to has an RGB SCART innput so will support RGB output from your SKY+ Box.

ALI