pd5000 or 434hde advice plzzz

L

llanellijack

Hi all,

Selling my Hitachi 42PD3000 ( dont ask, long story :rolleyes: ). Anyways, looking to buy either the new Hitachi 42PD5000 or the Pioneer 434hde, mainly for future HDMI compatibility. Problem is, can I justify paying an extra £1200 for the Pioneer ? Seen the 434 in action and was blown away, aint seen the new Hitachi yet though. If I buy the Hitachi then I'll be able to afford a Denon 868 to go with it however if I opt for the Pioneer then I'll be stuck with my Sony DAV-S888 for the time being until I can afford to upgrade. Advice from all you peeps plzzzzz !!

Dutch

Hi,

You might want to wait a few weeks for the 434MXE, which is likely to be £500 cheaper than the HDE as no media box is required. Picture quality should certainly be on a par with the HDE, maybe even better! Hope this helps.

Steve

Rampage

Out of interest how much are you selling the PD3000 for?

NonPayingMember

Previously Liam @ Prog AV
Perhaps you should go the Pioneer route, use the Sony 888 for a while then when it comes to getting a big budget HDMI DVD player there'll probably be a lot more models to choose from...

L

llanellijack

thanks for the advice guys. Sold it for £3100 inc brackets Rampage. Never got to use it though so brand new. Good price though :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom