1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pd5000 or 434hde advice plzzz

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by llanellijack, Mar 3, 2004.

1. llanellijack

llanellijack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Selling my Hitachi 42PD3000 ( dont ask, long story :rolleyes: ). Anyways, looking to buy either the new Hitachi 42PD5000 or the Pioneer 434hde, mainly for future HDMI compatibility. Problem is, can I justify paying an extra £1200 for the Pioneer ? Seen the 434 in action and was blown away, aint seen the new Hitachi yet though. If I buy the Hitachi then I'll be able to afford a Denon 868 to go with it however if I opt for the Pioneer then I'll be stuck with my Sony DAV-S888 for the time being until I can afford to upgrade. Advice from all you peeps plzzzzz !!

2. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +284
    Hi,

You might want to wait a few weeks for the 434MXE, which is likely to be £500 cheaper than the HDE as no media box is required. Picture quality should certainly be on a par with the HDE, maybe even better! Hope this helps.

Steve

3. Rampage

Rampage

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Out of interest how much are you selling the PD3000 for?

4. NonPayingMember

NonPayingMember
    Previously Liam @ Prog AV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +830
    Perhaps you should go the Pioneer route, use the Sony 888 for a while then when it comes to getting a big budget HDMI DVD player there'll probably be a lot more models to choose from...

5. llanellijack

llanellijack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the advice guys. Sold it for £3100 inc brackets Rampage. Never got to use it though so brand new. Good price though :smashin: