1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PD30 tuning menu

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by neilyboy, Mar 19, 2004.

1. neilyboy

neilyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry if this is a dumb question but I couldn't find any other mention of it in this forum.

I've just bought a TX32PD30 ex-demo and am trying to enter user security data via the tuning menu.

The problem is that I don't get the tuning menu via set up as I should - it's not listed as an option. Could this be because I don't have anything plugged in to the RF input or is there a setting I need to change somewhere?

Thanks

Neil

2. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    Neil,

Like you, I've only had my PD30 for a couple of days.

It would appear that the "Tuning menu" option is only available under "Set Up" if the TV is in RF mode.

How you are supposed to set up the security details if the set is only used with a STB is unclear, but perhaps someone can enlighten us?

Regards.

3. neilyboy

neilyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You may have inadvertently answered my question, actually. Since I have no RF input I think I had my set on AV1 (or whatever) when I tried this.

I'll try the same in TV mode.

Thanks!

Neil

4. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    Glad to be of assistance, if inadvertantly!

(I must be cleverer than I think. Well, perhaps not...)

The security feature is a good idea, although at 81kg, if my PD36 is stolen then the prime suspect will be Geoff Capes!

Good luck.

5. Icarus

Icarus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same TV as you two but the answer would apply to any TV/STB. Simply plug the arial lead that is currently in the STB into the TV - or get a short length of arial lead from the arial out of the STB to the TV

I think this would solve your problem.

6. neilyboy

neilyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In fact I found I could access the tuning menu simply by switching to TV move. D'oh!

Now all I have to do is find out how to get OUT of the service menu without swtching the TV off.