1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PD30 + TiVO owners ? Please raise your hands !

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by db298, Sep 14, 2005.

1. db298

db298

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    :hiya:

I've been struggling with a Panasonic TX36PD30 - all the usual issues: terrible geometry, black crushing, odd colours and buzzing. However, the biggest and wierdest problem was the repeated intermittent flashing of the AV1 and AV1/RGB, and also the EC1 and EC1/RGB screen displays.

I've owned the damned thing since April last year, and it's been to Peterborough Video Services (purchased from John Lewis Cambridge) three times. Each time they've held it six or seven weeks, and then returned it with "no fault found"... I've had engineers round three or fours times. They've given me SCART cables with no end of pins snipped, but still it keeps coming up. :suicide:

I'm feeding the set with an RGB scart signal from a UK model Thomson TiVO. Now they have come to the conclusion the my TiVO is incompatible with the TV :rolleyes:

Is there anyone else out there with a PD30 and a Tivo ? Please confirm that this is not simply an incompatibility - I can't be the only person with this combination ?!

2. db298

db298

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I'm fairly certain that Blindlemon had this combination for a while. Are you there ?! Surely there are others ?