PD30 SVideo Connection...

Anastie

I have just upgraded my SKy to Sky+. Thinks its great but...

I have the well documented problem with thr RGB connection on my PD30. I.E. Its poor and I use the scart with the digibox set to PAL. The picture is excellent but I wonder If I can do better with the SVideo from the Sky+ box. I have a quality scart TO Svideo and left and right audio leads.

My basic question is Svid in the sky+ box socket with L and R audio leads in the sky+ box with the scart to AV2 on the PD30. Is that right? If so do I need to alter any of the settings in the TV menu or Sky+.

Simple answers please :)

Anastie

Sorry m8 I have limited knowlage of setup. What do you mean try the RGb scart on AV?

hornydragon

connect TV scart of sky+ to an RGB enabled scart on TV EG AV1 and set sky+ to RGB in set-up menu and see what you think. If its looks better than PAL (composite) job done no money spent on cables, otherwise an S-video and 2 phono to scart cable. Have you connected to the pioneer with optical for DD on movie channels???

Anastie

Thanks m8. The digibox is connected up on AV1 from digibox scart but set to PAl rather than RGB as the quality is poor. I had some quality cables left after I sold my svhs video and thought I might try the Svid sky+ connection. But I am not keen on changing tv settings if I can help it.
Yes the Optival is used and love it :)

hornydragon

no need to touch TV settings just use a different scaart socket. Is the PD30 really better in PAL then RGB???

Anastie

The rgb is very very poor. PAL looks great but I think it could be better or I may be looking to much :)

GadgetObsessed

I spent a long time comparing the RGB and S-video output of my Sky+ on my PD30. I simply connected both outhputs to my 36PD30 using decent Ixos cables and switched between the two.

I could see no difference in quality. However I did get halo effects (e.g. with a bright moon against a dark sky you could see distinct colour bands roound the room rather than gradually fading from white to black) via RGB but not on svideo.

Anastie

So Gary what did you choose in the end. As you see mine is still Scart on av1 but with pal on the digibox setting.