1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PD30 owners, I need help please

Discussion in 'TVs' started by hi_robb, Nov 17, 2004.

1. hi_robb

hi_robb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks,

I was trying to tweak my pd30 last night and done something stupid. I chanaged the colour settings in the service menu without writing the original values down. I know it was extremely stupid but it was late and I had had 1 too many drinks.

Any chance you pd30 owners can check the service menu and tell me your colour settings eg: hi red, high blue etc. I know that they are different on every tv but at least I'll have somewhere to start then.

At the mo the picture looks very very blue.

Dave

Ps: Sorry to be a pain in the arse.

2. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +117
    Never worked out how to get to the service menu - let me know and I can check on my set

3. hi_robb

hi_robb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi m8,

Right service menu instructions as follows. First change to one of your av inputs eg: av1.

1: open the sound settings menu and put bass to highest setting (all the way up) and treble to lowest (all the way down), then exit sound setup.

2: Drop the front panel down on the tv (where the svid connector is)

3: Hold the -v button on the front of the tv and on the remote press (Index / CH.Search) button which is located just under and between the yellow and green buttons.

You should get a menu.

Once in the service menu use the coloured buttons on the remote to navigate. They are as follows.

Green = move menu item to next
    Red = move menu item back
    Yellow = decrease setting
    Blue = Increase setting.

IF you mistakenly change something just move to the next or pevious item and it will reset the change to what it previously was.

To exit the service menu lift the flap on the remote and press the (N) key. If you start playing around and want to save changes to anything you will need to press the (STR) button under the flap on the remote to save changes.

Be careful though, don't do what i done and make changes and save them without writing down the original values first.

Finally can you post back what the following values are set to.

High red, high blue, low red, low blue, low green. Can you also see what your sub bright setting is (I haven't changed mine but would be interested to see what yours is set to).

Thanks again.

Dave

4. hi_robb

hi_robb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone?

Dave

5. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +117
    Dave

Yesterday ended up being a little chaotic at work - have the instructions now so will do it tonight and post the setting tomorrow AM

6. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +117
    Dave

The settings on my tv are as follows - given I didnt know how to get to the service menu you can guess I havent changed any of them:

High Red 0165
    High Blue 0138
    Low Red 0476
    Low Green 0512
    Low Blue 0532
    Sub Bright 150

Hope this helps and thanks for the instructions