1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PD30 Buzzing Noise

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by MARudge, Nov 25, 2003.

1. MARudge

MARudge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Recently purchased a PD30 and am delighted with it. However small niggle is the buzzing sound you hear when the sound is low or muted.

The retailer replaced the set but the replacement has the same issue.

I've spoken to Panasonic and they say that you will always get this with a 100HZ TV.

Should I accept this? I really like the TV and the picture's great the buzz just gets annoying.

Thanks

2. mjcairney

mjcairney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +964

I have a four year old Panasonic TX-W32D2 which is 100Hz, and cannot say that I am aware of any buzz, so it sounds as if you're being fobbed off.

:nono:

3. Bradford Blade

Bradford Blade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +727
    Hi MARudge,

As a rule of thumb, this 'buzzing' noise IS pretty common on most large screen 100hz TV's these days (the last three I've had have all had it to some extent). It might be worth you having a look at the sticky on the "PD30 problems/faults" (if, of course, you haven't already done so), as I recall a few people mentioning this 'buzzing' there.

I have the 36"PD30 and mine too makes a very minor 'buzzing', which seems dependant upon which scanning mode and aspect mode I use. This is basically related to the different voltages the TV needs to operate the above modes and to be fair, if this is what Panasonic were clumsily refering to, there isn't alot you can do about it:confused:

However, if it is actually quite a loud 'buzz' that can be heard over normal listening levels, it might be worth getting an engineer to check it out.

Best regards,

LAGAVULIN