• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PCTV Dual Sat Pro PCI

Monty Burns

Hey guys,

with reference to this card

sales pitch

Tech summary

Will I be able to plug one of those CAM things into this in order to use it as Sky+ (I appreciate you may only be able to guess!).

Thanks loads in advacnce!

beerhunter

Distinguished Member
The problem that I see is that News Corp (who own a lot of SKY) own the IP (Intelectual Property) for the encryption system which they refuse to license to others. Which is why they can charge £10 for PVR function. So I don't know where you would a) get a CAM b) make it work with a Sky card but I stand to be corrected here.

Monty Burns

ahh getting a single channel card and cam (Dragon CAMs) working with the sky subscription stuff can be done, check out the sticky in MCE forum.

I want to know if a CAM can be plugged into this little baby. It seems to suggest FTA only but that may just be because its not sold with a CAM???? On the other hand it may be because you cannot put a CAM on it of course hehe

edit: the recording stuff would be handled by MCE, as long as I can get this twin system to decode two sky channels at once.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom