1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PCMCIA Firewire cards - Help required , please

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Mark Powell, Mar 21, 2002.

1. Mark Powell

Mark Powell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there....

I have just dug deep into my pocket and have bought the Sony PC120 and would now like to get this hooked into my laptop so I can learn how to use DV editing software and start to make some decent holiday films that will not bore my family and friends.

The PC120 has an output for iLink and I am wondering :

a) Is Sony's i Link cable compatible with all firewire cards ?
    b) Can anyone recommend a good PCMCIA Firewire card ?
    c) Any hints and tips ?

Thanks in advance

Mark.

2. Chrisbrown

Chrisbrown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Mark

I'm in the same position as you, but running a few weeks behind!

I'm just about to purchase a PC120 from Jessops and want to link it into a Dell 650 laptop for very basic editing and backup. I'm having real problems getting info on the firewire/PCMCIA connections and Jessops told me yesterday that they had stopped selling them, which means that my original intention of buying the complete package from one dealer (so they can't pass the buck when it doesnt work!) has now failed miserably!

If you have made any progress I'd be very keen to hear from you. Also, can you tell me if the camera comes with any basic editing software? The Sony Micro DVs seem to but I can't get an answer on the 120!

Many thanks
    Chris

3. alan8477

alan8477

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have been using an Evergreen Technologies FireLine card for over a year now. My laptop is a Dell Latitude 600. Used it originally with a Panasonic NV 55 (until it was stolen at Gatwick).

Have been using it more recently with a Sony PC9. It has always worked flawlessly. Can't remember where I bought it from, may have been Jessops.

4. DigiStuff

DigiStuff
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Guys,

I have some great PCMCIA Cards with or with out editing software!!

Check it out at www.datavision.co.uk I have the DV CaptureDVD PCMCIA which has the card , cable and Ulead VideoStudio 5SE with the DVD Plug in for £79.00 inc VAT.

If you want more info then please do e-mail me at marktheobald@datavision.co.uk

Hope to hear from you all soon !!

Mark Theobald
    Sales Manager
    Datavision Ltd - Inventors of the DV Widget !