Question PCIe power connector for an old Antec Neo HE 500

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by PenguinWithHair, Jun 9, 2018.

1. PenguinWithHair

PenguinWithHair

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hey everyone, right. So I have a Antec Neo 500 (which is modular) and a GTX 760.

The GPU needs a 6+2 pin and a 6 pin power connection.

All I have at the moment is one pcie 6 pin power connector. Anyone know where I might find an old power connector which has both 6+2 and 6 pin on it for this old power supply? I do have exactly the cable I need but it's for a cooler master which I think might not do well...

If needs be can I use a horrible molex to 6+2 adapter? If so can I use any avaliable molex or am I better off plugging in a seperate cable just for the gpu?

I tried Antec directly and they said they do not supply parts for this model anymore as it's discontinued.

Couple of side notes... Yes the power supply is quite a low rating for this graphics card but the rest of the computer is very low powered. Yes the Nvidia website says the 760 uses x2 6pin connectors but for some reson mine is 6+2 and 6. Yes in an ideal world I should just buy new parts but this is kind of a little side project I'd like to experiment with on old parts.

Many thanks everyone. Hope I don't start too many arguments.

2. PenguinWithHair

PenguinWithHair

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Just done a bit of digging and originally the neo 500 was boxed with two 6 pin pcie connectors which is annoying because I must have lost one, not that I could have used it anyway. What are the extra 2 pins for in a 6+2 anyway?