• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PCI Graphics Card

jcsymons

Standard Member
Hi

I am looking for a PCI graphics card, for my Dimension 3000, can anyone suggest a suitable one so that I can get 1024 resolution as my on board one does not support my TV/PC monitor

Thanks

Tkrockeruk

Whats your intended use for this card watching movies playing games. Also, what Power supply unit is in the dimension 300?

I think you may have the dell 300 watt PSU, which will be fine for most low end cards,

Have a look at an Ati 4330, 4550 for movie playback, or an ATi 4670 if you want to play a few games also. I dont realy follow Nvidia cards so can't advise on this front.

cdldt

Banned
The best you'll get is a GeForce 6200 PCI, but don't expect to be using it for playing games.

If you want anything faster you'll need a new mATX motherboard with a PCIe slot.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom