PCI Express x16 question for a new graphics card

francisuk22

Novice Member
Hi all.
Im looking to replace my graphics card (Sapphire ATI Radeon X1550 PCI-E x16) My motherboards a asrock conroe 1333-d667, Question is would a evga nvidia geForce gt210 work? My new PSU is 750w now as im confused because

EVGA Nvidia GeForce GT210 - says PCI-E 2.0 x16
Sapphire ATI Radeon X1550 - PCI Express x16 - www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102704

Hmm :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks for you help :)

Last edited:

paulktreg

Your Sapphire X1550 is PCI-E V1.0 but things have moved on as they tend to do! New PCI-E cards are all backward compatible so a PCI-E V2.0 graphics card will work fine in your motherboards PCI-E V1.0 slot. Your new power supply is more than enough.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
Your new power supply is more than enough.

Well you haven't actually mentioned what the rest of the system is so if you've got four 8-core Xeons and 20 hard disks in there then there may be some doubt, but for any system that didn't cost thousands of pounds 750W is a ridiculously high amount and will handle anything you throw at it, it will certainly have no trouble with a 15W graphics card like the G210. ;)

The G210 doesn't have many advantages over a X1550 though, are you replacing the old card because it was broken or are you hoping to upgrade to do something?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom