PCI Express Graphics Card with Component Out

bbasra

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi.

I am after a PCI Express Graphics Card with Component Output so that I can connect a PC to my old Denon 3805 and run XBMC.

I'm really struggling in finding a device that can run xbmc properly and has component output.

I'm currently using an Apple Tv 1 with the crystal broadcom card and it's just too slow running xbmc and playing 1080p mkv's.

I've also tried a Acer Revo using a HDMI to Component Converter and cannot get the correct resolution to fit in the display.

A google search returns

XFX 4350 but need an adapter.

737-1412: HDTV (Component Video) Adapters from ATI - Details and Connection Methods

I just don't fancy upgrading the receiver and TV as it's for the bedroom and short term.

But then i have another issue outputting Digital Audio.

Anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Are you using Crystalbuntu on the AppleTV1 if no then that is what you should do, the linux OS is much faster than the Apple one particularly when installed onto the local HDD. Try running it from USB drive first to make sure it works with component, then if it does install to the HDD as it will run much faster.

As to graphics card with component they are out there but I couldn't tell where to find one,they used to be common a few years ago like on the Nvidia GeForce 6 series but the whole industry has moved on so most cards these days are Displayport/HDMI with occasionally DVI and VGA. You can still get some of the GeForce 6 cards and dongles on eBay if your go looking, try component video nvidia for the dongle.

Thanks for that. I'm using the apple os jail broken and xbmc. Will try this.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom