• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PCH A200 and Windows Home Server

philipb

Prominent Member
My A200 has stopped accessing the WHS server.

It appears in "network browser" but when I try to access it I get either " no content found on server", or "request cannot be processed". The latter is usually when I try to get in via a network share (which has been created with the right user name and password).

It used to work fine. I rearranged some of my kit and since then zilch. Latest firmware. Other devices (eg a Mede8er) have no problem. The A200 sees everything else on the network and accesses them no problem.

Its just the WHS which it refuses to talk to:confused:

Any suggestions much appreciated.

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
Just a thought, but has the IP of the WHS changed?

Remember that the IP of your server is set in the A200 GUI, so if the WHS box now has a different IP to what is in the A200 GUI you won't get anything.

philipb

Prominent Member
Not that I think. As I say the WHs appears in network browser.

Its even weirder than I thought - its only the videos folder on the WHS that I can't access. all the others are fine - music, public etc. I've checked all the access settings and they seem fine.

I'm reinstalling WHS today - see if that helps.

Thanks.

philipb

Prominent Member
I didn't. The A200 sees all the other shared folders no problem - it just won't access the videos folder. I keep getting the "cannot process request" warning which suggests it's some sort of password/access issue.

I suppose I could put all the files in the public folder but the same thing could happen again.

Frankly I'm stumped. I feel a NAS coming on.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom