1. We have a team of over 50 moderators working to keep our community safe.Welcome to AVForums.
    Helping with Audio Visual home entertainment since 2000.
    Get help finding the right AV products at the right prices. Get help setting up your AV equipment so you get the most out of it.
    Membership is free. Competitions are free. Classifieds are free. Join now.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PCH-A110 - Standby Issue...

Discussion in 'Streamers & Network Media Players' started by WeegieAVLover, Sep 1, 2009.

1. WeegieAVLover

WeegieAVLover Well-known Member

Ratings:
    +970
    Hi All,

I have a PCH and have had it for 6 months so I am fairly abreast with everything on the system.

However one wee issue is for example:

- I watch an episode of Still Game (scottish comedy series) late at night and once finished it goes back to the DVD menu (listing different episodes in the series).
    - I decide to go to my and switch the TV off but leave the PCH on at the still game menu.
    - I get up in the morning and decide to watch a film on my PCH.
    - I switch on the TV and the PCH screen is frozen.
    - I press the menu button and select the resume but and that seems to wake things up and I could select another episode of still game if I want.
    - However because I want to watch a film so press the stop or source button on the remote control.
    - The screen then goes black and nothing happens.
    - I am forced to switch the PCH of at the back and then back on again and it works no problem

Is this just a "feature" of the PCH and I just need to be less lazy and switch it off at night and back on in the morning :)

2. KyleS1

KyleS1 Well-known Member

Ratings:
    +1,694
    I dont know if it is a "feature" but why would you not want to switch your PCH off overnight? Surely you don't get free electricity?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  3. WeegieAVLover

WeegieAVLover Well-known Member

Ratings:
    +970
    No I do not get free leccy but I am sure you can understand when I say "I'm a lazy toad!" :rolleyes:

4. KyleS1

KyleS1 Well-known Member

Ratings:
    +1,694
    There is a power button on the remote as well - not a full power off, but standby is one step closer ;) You dont even have to leave your seat to do it.