PC105 or TRV33?

simonph

Standard Member
Hi all,

Apart from the £100 difference and the manual focus ring what else makes the PC105 worth going for?

Duncan Craig

PC105 that I had broke down after two weeks. The Tape door lost all electrical contacts, so no Headphones or Memory stick. Then the Zoom got stuck on mazimum zoom.

Gotrid of it, and got the 33, no problems, I think it handles better. The strap handle on the 105 is almost useless. It's in a bad place that menas you cannot use the camera with your hand fully in it, the zoom demand is impossible to reach....

simonph

Standard Member
yeah think i'm leaning more toward the 33.. i don't really need a flash on it anyway since i've got a digi stills camera already. i also like the fact the 33's mic is at the front of the camera and not on top.
i hear the 33 is being replaced so maybe i should get it while its in stock and the price is good?

rags

I have a PC105. Generally happy with it but it does have some serious ergonomic issues - for example the zoom is a bugger to operate given it's location and size.

wrsquire

Standard Member
I just bought a PC105E at Comet for £622 the TRV33 was £599.

Am not convinced I made the right choice yet, but I know the PC105 has all the features I want...

I think the look of the 105 is what swayed me, but I will probably regrett it later :(

--Roger

rags

Originally posted by wrsquire
I think the look of the 105 is what swayed me, but I will probably regrett it later :(

--Roger
Same here - I went mainly on looks as in my opinion it trounces the TRV33 in that dept. Not sure I regret buying it but it does have one or two issues. This is what I posted in an earlier thread -

I picked up a PC105 from Jessops on Saturday. Very nice camcorder. Picture quality is good and it doesnt suffer from any focus lag. Reasonable in low light too.

Downsides -

1. battery protrudes from body
2. only 8mb memory stick supplied as standard
3. Zoom button really awkward to get to (and very small)
4. Buttons accessed via touchscreen display - not the easiest to hit the right button for fat fingered individuals like myself

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom