PC world's Collect from store ********!!!!

veni

Standard Member
Hi,

I reserved a computer monitor from the PC World's website. I got a reference number and took a print out of it. Just to make sure i called up PC World to ensure that there would be stock reserved as its a bit of atricky drive to the Kingston branch. The bloke on the phone confirmed that they had plenty of stock.

After going there guess what!!! the guy there says its a problem with their computer system. NO stock.

Whats the point of reserving it???? my whole evening was wasted.

Please demand to talk to the manager of the branch you are intending to collect if you are going there.

I have decided you get better prices from places like Dabs.com why go to these amatures..

Pat_C

Novice Member
Please demand to talk to the manager of the branch you are intending to collect if you are going there.
In many of these places that just means you get to talk to some 22 year old gormless retard instead of the 18 year old variety. But of course there are exceptions.

Knyght_byte

Novice Member
it doesnt matter where you buy something, at some point, someone is going to get stuffed......Dell, PC World, Dabs, Overclockers, Sevenoaks, Richer Sounds, Sainburys, Asda, WHSmiths, HMV, etc......most people buy stuff, no problem, sometimes people get stitched up, doesnt make the company bad overall........companies that are bad overall generally stop trading.....for example with computers, Tiny....i think everyone was glad when they finally got stopped trading a load of trash.......

Most of the big companies who can provide a decent service 95% of the time dont have to worry about the 5% who get miffed....the only time they might worry a little is if the 5% who get miffed get miffed for the same thing....then the company will look in to it to make sure no one else gets miffed, and might even decide to be nice to the 5% on top....

take the Wii preorder problems, most companies who've ended up not being able to supply (regardless of whose fault it is, theirs or nintendo's) have offered customers vouchers in return....sure the hardcore users of forums like this will still be up in arms as they need those consoles like their lives depended on it....but most of the Amazon or Play or wherever.com buyers will be quite happy to see a £20 voucher winging their way, even if it means the console later in the year.....damage limitation.....upset a few, pleases more.....

its always worth letting folks know when you've been stitched up, but something like a stock error or human error (you dont know which it was for certain) is liable to pop up every now and again.....ok it meant a wasted drive, so badger the person in store till they sort you out some compensation, then chill out...lol....life isnt worth getting stressed over purchasing stuff ;)

overkill

Distinguished Member
There is actually, a very good website (if only I can find it again!) which is based on customer reviews of internet based computer retailers. It's very good, as there are not just, 'john disgruntled from norfolk' comments but literally hundreds (thousands in some cases) of feedbacks posted there. It was interesting to see that in fact companies like Dabs have tumbled down the rankings due to poor customer service. The table is also year on year compared so you can see if a business is improving or declining in quality.

I will try and find the link.............

sandstheman

I had this exact problem as well a few weeks back, went through exact same steps, checked stock online, phoned and checked stock, and then reserved only to find out at the store that their is something wrong with their stock system and they don't have any in stock. But they took it further, they pretended to take my reservation number and go fetch my monitor, but instead decided it was more wortwhile dealing with another customer instead, with me only finding out after i hunted them down after 25minutes of waiting for them to come back.

Complained loudly to customer services, and ended up with £30 in vouchers. :)

I will say that when they are telling the truth about stock i do like the Collect @ Store system, but seems all too often now that they have problems with their stock systems, doesn't help that you can't call the stores direct and no one answers the phone when customer service tries to call them and find out about stock.

drskhaled

Novice Member
I like the [email protected] system, its great when it works. My pc world is within walking distance of me so i sometimes make a reconaissance trip to see what i want to buy and then go online and order it at the cheaper price then pop back and pick it up. Wouldnt bother with the first trip if it was any further out. I used to hate shopping there in the past as theyre overpriced and often the staff are clueless, but now its pretty easy and i get internet prices on many goods!

FruitBat

There is actually, a very good website (if only I can find it again!) which is based on customer reviews of internet based computer retailers.
I have used this link in the past: www.romulus2.com. It doesn't seem to work properly at the moment.

I agree with Gordon. Dabs are divs (or were last time I used them - and I mean "last" as in "most recent" and as in "final").

Steven

Senior Moderator
Well was it a genuine mistake? Or did he know the system was down but got you down anyway to see if he could dump another model on you?

In any case, breathe and believe in the human spirit :)

Merry xmas. Love you all

KoThreads

I agree with Gordon. Dabs are divs (or were last time I used them - and I mean "last" as in "most recent" and as in "final").
I used to use Dabs all the time till i had a customers printer fail before Christmas three years ago. It became a fiasco and i got a refund after 3 months of hastle, emails and phone calls (dont think they even have a phone contact now) I've never used them since. The worst customer relations i've ever delt with.