PC World, in a world of their own.

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Doghouse Riley, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I wanted to tidy up the "snake pit" of scart leads behind our new "alternate" TV in our front room. This is because there's a Humax PVR, DVD/CD player and VHS recorder (I need that to watch any of my collection of "film noit" recorded from the TV over the last twenty years) in the stand below it. I use an old AV selector to facilitate ease of switching from one to another. I've also leads with RCA plugs from the selector to my tuner/amp in an adjacent unit, so I can actually hear the dialogue in some American TV programmes and of course my VHS tapes, CDs and DVDs. The new TV though really thin, must have rear-facing small speakers.
    But the audio leads were too short to push the AV selector under the TV stand with most of the scart cables.
    Passing PC World on Friday, (Tandy have long gone and I'm nowhere near a Maplin), I had a look to see if they had any longer leads. I wasn't impressed that their 1.5mtr leads (which would be of no use) were £10.99.

Anyway, I've ordered some new 3mtr extension leads on eBay, which have cost me £1.79, post free!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013