PC won't turn on

Ruudfood

My HTPC (Shuttle SG33G5M) appears to have died.

I thought it may have been the PSU as initially the front display was on but after numerous attempts to coax it into life, eventually I was getting no lights at all.

So I bought a new power supply but the same thing has happened. Plugged it in, the front display came on and it started the boot cycle into Windows. Then it restarted went through the boot process again, then died again. The fan started and stopped during the attempted boot but now I'm back to where I started: no lights on the display at all.

I've checked the capacitors and they all LOOK fine (no bulging, none split) and I've tried reseating the CPU and RAM to no avail. I've got no other devices in the free internal slots.

Is there anything else that it could be? I'm stumped (and a bit gutted right now) :rolleyes:

AndyStella

Novice Member
Have you changed the cable? Could be the plug has a blown fuse? Or change the power outlet, could just be a dodgy one. Hope this helps,

Andy

Ruudfood

Have you changed the cable? Could be the plug has a blown fuse? Or change the power outlet, could just be a dodgy one. Hope this helps,

Andy
Stupidly, that's the only thing I haven't tried but if the fuse was blown there would be no power recycling going on so I'd discounted it already. I've got a host of devices running from the surge-protected power outlet so I don't think it's that either.

I'll have a look at the cable tonight.

Thanks Andy

Ruudfood

No luck with that! Powered up as it had done previously and then proceeded to switch itself off again! :(

Ruudfood

Ruudfood

Tried that and it didn't help either. But thanks anyway!

Ruudfood

Its likely to be the mobo or PSU then. Can you beg,borrow,rob a spare PSU?
Yes, I mentioned in my opening post that I'd bought a new one so it's likely to be the mobo. Odd that it boots, then reboots though. It gets power then loses it after booting, then reboots a few times before dying completely.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom