PC Won't Power Up

Bully9

Well, not exactly true because i'm typing this. The problem started yesterday when i pressed the power up button a couple of times and nothing happened. I was busy doing somethoing else and when i pressed it a little later the PC booted up. So i thought i'd just been clumsy earlier and not pushed the button properly.

But today the same thing happened. This time i paid more attention and I noticed that the power light on a multi card reader unit was flashing - something it had never done before. After a minute or so, the light stayed on and the PC booted up fine when i pressed the power button.

I unmounted the card reader with 'safely remove hardware' (4 'drives') and disconnected the lead to the motherboard - just in case the problem was related to this peripheral. But i'm scared to turn off and check the hypothesis in case i can't boot up again at all.

Do these syptoms suggest any likely cause to anyone? :lease:

Thanks

Dingo

Do these syptoms suggest any likely cause to anyone? :lease:

Thanks

Fear of the unknown, fear of failure, fear of risk, fear of a dominant person in your life???

Or just fear of the bloody obvious?:facepalm:......check cables (replace and reboot) or boot with single HDD, memory, toothbrush and pyjamas..................GOOGLE IS your friend!!

Bully9

Actually, i did think of google myself. The problem is that there are so many similar scenarios out there, and so very many possible solutions, that i thought a post with my specific symptoms might bring a focused response.

For example, i would have thought that cables was highly unlikely under the circumstances i described.

Nevertheless, thank you for your time and trouble in responding.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom