PC will not work at 1080p through Receiver

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by sean_t, Feb 2, 2014.

1. sean_t

sean_t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi,

I have also posted this problem in the Arcam owners forum (worded slightly differently) but thought it might also be good to try here.

I have had my home cinema set up with an Arcam ARV400 feeding a Sony HW30 projector for a while now and am very happy with it. Up to now it has been plain sailing for Audio and BluRay playback

However over the last week I have been trying to add a PC to my setup to go via the AVR400 to my projector for gaming and some playback. The problem is whenever I set the output on my PC to be 1920x1080p (60hz) the image from the projector flickers and then turns itself off (Receiver still stays on)!! But if I run the same HDMI cable straight to the projector (a longer distance) and use its HDMI input port directly it works fine....

I have HDMI set to bypass on the AVR400 (as per by bluray - and previously xbox 360) and have also tried in other input HDMI ports on it that I know work (i.e the BluRay). I am at a loss as to what to do next!!!
    Could it be something to do with the HDMI cable between the AVR400 and projector not carrying the 60HZ (big problem if this is it as this goes through the roof) ? Or maybe the AVR400 cannot handle this input for some reason.

Any ideas or help would really be appreciated!!

edit : the HDMI lead from the AVR400 does carry 3D bluray fine. (not sure if relevant)

Cheers,
    Sean

2. Broko

Broko
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I had a similar problem and found it was a new 1.4 HDMI cable I was using was sending a signal back from the TV. I had to change the settings in the PC from the standard monitor (Samsung) to my AVR. (Denon). I found some info on line but on another PC. Will look tomorrow and post details.
    If its the same thing when directly linked the PC and TV are fine, when you stick an AVR in the middle it can get confused . Anyway worked for me.

3. Broko

Broko
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
  4. sean_t

sean_t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: