• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PC will not start

shug119

Standard Member
My sons pc will not start, press the start button and it will not start, but when you release the button the green lights flash once.
Cheers Shug.

Eggchaser

Standard Member
My sons pc will not start, press the start button and it will not start, but when you release the button the green lights flash once.
Cheers Shug.

When you say will not start,does it post(beep) and the fans start whirring or is there just nothing ?
If it is the latter then after checking it is all connected properly it still doesn't start then it is most likely is a dead PSU
If it is the former you will need to count the number of beeps it emits when posting and refer to your motherboard manual for the error code.

prl66

Banned
When you say will not start,does it post(beep) and the fans start whirring or is there just nothing ?
If it is the latter then after checking it is all connected properly it still doesn't start then it is most likely is a dead PSU
If it is the former you will need to count the number of beeps it emits when posting and refer to your motherboard manual for the error code.

I agree sounds like a dead psu,if the pc has not been opened or moved recently I would doubt a loose connection,Most likley the psu,How old is the pc and is there no one you know who can look at it for you.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom