PC wanted for multitasking

Moomz

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

My current PC can't handle me anymore so looking to upgrade. I want to be able to have MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint open each with 3 or 4 files at a time. I also usually have around 10-15 tabs open in Chrome as well as a few in Firefox. iTunes, Spotify and Smart Notebook software are usually loaded up.. I want to be able to work without having to wait for computer to catch up..

I also have 2 22" screens already, so preferably something that could utilise both of them.

Money no object but don't want to be wasteful..

Any suggestions..?

I would rather just have something out of a box..

What should be the priority when choosing the best system for this scenario? Cores, RAM etc?

Buy the latest Custom PC mag and they have a great feature on how much RAM is needed in any sort of set-up.

More than 8GB seems like overkill apparently.

So the 32GB mentioned in that previous system must be for NASA or such like.:D

i use pretty much the same software as you and have it all running at once along with CAD and email. i have 12gb of ram and hardly ever go over 50% usage even with 30+ google chromes opened.

i use pretty much the same software as you and have it all running at once along with CAD and email. i have 12gb of ram and hardly ever go over 50% usage even with 30+ google chromes opened.

What machine do you use?

Moomz said:
What machine do you use?

I use a machine I made myself I was looking at buying it from scan or overclokers but worked out it would save me £150 doing it myself
It's got an i5 2500k @4.3ghz, 12gb ram, Asus pz68v pro gen3 motherboard Msi twin frozr II gtx 560ti, 120gb Kingston ssd for boot and 2tb seagate for storage.

I use a machine I made myself I was looking at buying it from scan or overclokers but worked out it would save me £150 doing it myself
It's got an i5 2500k @4.3ghz, 12gb ram, Asus pz68v pro gen3 motherboard Msi twin frozr II gtx 560ti, 120gb Kingston ssd for boot and 2tb seagate for storage.

How much did you spend? How long have you had it?

Moomz said:
How much did you spend? How long have you had it?

I have had it since June last year never had a problems it beats my mac hands down which costed nearly twice! It cost in total £785 mostly from ebuyer amazon and a few little things from ebay

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom