1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC video recorder

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Splice, Aug 7, 2002.

1. Splice

Splice
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does any of you computer wizards know of any software that is available that will enable me to burn direct from video capture to DVD-R disc so that i could use my dvd writer as a high quality vcr (mines just about had it now) any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    All the best Splice;)

2. feet14

feet14
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wouldn't it be easier to record to Hard Disk then copy over to DVD afterwards? Current HD sizes should easily allow you to store one DVD's worth of data.

3. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would have thought that writing to a DVD live wouldn't be able to keep up with the video stream data trasfer rate

4. Splice

Splice
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replys, i have heard that there is software that allows buffering to the hard drive so as to allow direct burn to disc. the reason i wanted to do this was to see if was a vaiable alternative to using a vcr, it obviously hinges on what sort of quality i would get. I can already copy tv to the hard drive and then burn them to disc but this is time consuming and somewhat defeats the object. Since puttting this message up i have heard a program called neodvd does what i want but quality is an issue apparently, so i will see if anything else comes to light before comitting myself. i would download a demo of neodvd to try but can't find one anywhere. If anyone has any idea where i might find it let us know. Thanks again.

All the best. Splice.;)