1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC use on the Hitachi 32LD7200 (Scaling vs lower resolution and other issues)

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by freekb, Sep 4, 2005.

Tags:
  1. freekb

freekb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know that people are quite happy using the 32LD7200 with their PC/HTPC, since it has 1:1 pixel mapping.

What happens when you decide to run your PC at a lower resolution than the panel resolution. Does the set stop scaling and simply center the image with black borders around it?

I was wondering if lowering the resolution is a decent solution to view medium to highly compressed content (like a 40 minute TV shows in <350MB). I guess many digital broadcasts fall into that category. I know the picture will be smaller, but that will avoid excessive scaling. After all typically these things are in 512 x 288 or even 352 x 240 resolution, and blowing them up to to 1366 x 768 may render them unwatchable. Has anyone tried this workaround?

I'd be pretty dissapointed to find that the stuff I've been watching just fine on my 19" CRT all of a sudden becomes unwatchable on a big screen.

Out of curiosity, how does the scaler in the 32LD7200 compare to a software solution like FFD show? Does one have the option of having the set do the scaling instead of the PC?