PC Upgrade.

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by DreamDemon, Sep 9, 2007.

1. DreamDemon

DreamDemon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking at upgrading my ancient pc and i was wondering if i could get some good advice from you good people out there. My main use for the pc is Everquest, general web browsing and some other games like the Total War series (love strategy games). I am pretty much set on the E660 processor but woould like some advice on a decent quality motherboard,graphics card and case. Will use my current HD CD rom and DVD rom from this computer until i can afford to get new HD's. Will atm stay with Win XP so any advice would be appreciated. I can afford a MAXIMUM £500 for the base unit.

Thanx in advance.

2. Miss Chief

Miss Chief

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    I think you'll have a hard time keeping your existing HD as well as your DVD and CD Rom. Most boards have a single IDE channel for CD/DVD and that's it. Some of the higher end boards have SATA everything. You should be able to include a 500GB Drive into your price. What about Monitor, keyboard and mouse?

3. DreamDemon

DreamDemon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got a 19inch tft monitor, wireless keyboard and mouse so they should be ok. Fair point about the HD though had not thought about that tbh. Any recommendations on components or perhaps a pre built system would be better ?.