• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Answered PC Upgrade or a PS4?

A Legal Beagle

Hi All,

I am looking forward to Fallout 4 and would prefer it on a PC. However, my PC is of some age having owned it for 4-5 years.I bought it for a bargain on here.

Anyway, I don't think it will run Fallout 4 very well or at all. So the debate for me is whether or not to spend money on an upgrade, buy a new PC or PS4.

My Specification is as follows:

- ASUS P5N-E SLI
- Intel Core 2 Quad @ 2.4ghz
- AMD Radeon HD5700
- 4GB RAM
- 250GB HDD

I know I need and can upgrade the memory (max 8GB) for a reasonable price. I can also buy an SSD again for a reasonable price.

Not too sure the best option on the graphics card.

Many thanks in advance.

eiren

Distinguished Member
Your upgrade to that PC will likely be considerably more than buying a PS4. Depends on how much budget you have.

Houghsx

Distinguished Member
Personally I would rather spend £300 on a PS4 than £300 on an upgrade to that specific machine. Unless you have a bigger budget and can buy a newer PC?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom