PC Ultra help please

indus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up my second hand PC ultra today and the forum member I bought it off said it has some kind of protective fuse fitted such that when you switch it on after it has been powered down it takes 10 minutes to come back on again.

When I got it home, I couldn't get it to switch on (ie no green light) for ages. After switching it on and off it eventually came on.

I wanted to try it in another position and so switched it off and disconnected the power lead. Now I can't seem to get it to power up again.

Can anybody explain what's going on????

Thanks

Does it only show a green light ?

In other words, does it show green when powered on, then stay green when receiving a signal ?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that sounds identical to what I experienced with 2 early released PCU's :(

And just in case the title of that thread is confusing .. my current PCU doesn't need any minutes of "off time" and powers on regardless of how long it's been off :)

http://www.avforums.com/forums/subwoofers/690704-ultra-amps-their-2-minutes-off-time.html

Alastair summed it up nicely. This is a new amp platform for SVS, with a unique power supply architecture.

Despite all efforts at QA/QC on the part of both the vendor and SVS, a few early production units slipped through with improperly configured power supply controllers which latch-up the amp stage upon re-start. We've isolated and corrected the issue with our supplier. Any customers who experience a very slow (or no) re-start should report the problem to their dealer and a new amp will be sent out.

We're working very diligently with our vendor to eliminate all bugs with this complex new platform and we're naturally standing behind the product 100% - customer satisfaction is our top priority.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I was the seller of this subwoofer, just finished reading the thread you linked properly as originally I thought was an intended "feature"
It was never really a problem for me as I switched off at night and next day switched on again and all was fine.
However I have now read the thread fully and it appears it is not a "feature"
I have been in contact with the place I bought it from and have a form to fill in to get a replcement amp (Which is a 2 minute job to fit at home apparently)
Gutted about this as makes me look really bad as a seller, but like I say it was never really a problem for me so didn't bother to look into it further.

Hi guys, I was the seller of this subwoofer, just finished reading the thread you linked properly as originally I thought was an intended "feature"
It was never really a problem for me as I switched off at night and next day switched on again and all was fine.
However I have now read the thread fully and it appears it is not a "feature"
I have been in contact with the place I bought it from and have a form to fill in to get a replcement amp (Which is a 2 minute job to fit at home apparently)
Gutted about this as makes me look really bad as a seller, but like I say it was never really a problem for me so didn't bother to look into it further.

I don't think it makes you seem like a bad seller at all, quite the opposite. Its not something that really affected you because you never moved it around.

You've been very helpful after the sale and am sure you sold it to me in 100% good faith.

I would not hesitate in recommending you as a trader and all round top bloke:smashin:

Thanks m8, like I said I have been in contact with KHC today, they have sent me a form to fill in, just need the model no and such from you.
They will send out a new amp for fitting, let me know if you would like to go this route or stick with it as it is (if it will not pose a problem for you)

I don't think it makes you seem like a bad seller at all, quite the opposite. Its not something that really affected you because you never moved it around.

You've been very helpful after the sale and am sure you sold it to me in 100% good faith.

I would not hesitate in recommending you as a trader and all round top bloke:smashin:

I'll second that. The fact you have come forward of your own free will and are trying to work towards an amicable solution is proof your a very good person to deal with.

Top marks :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom