Pc-tv play a movie

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
What's the problem you're having, can you get the PC to display it's desktop on the TV and it's just the movie not working?

Iccz

What is the make and model of your laptop?

And if you know is the graphics card ATi or Nvidia?

Batch

Novice Member
Are you mirroring the desktop or extenending it?

Batch

Novice Member
Does the movie play on the laptop screen, or not at all?
Is the 2nd screen black, display anything, any flickering?
What happens if beneath where you select the 2nd screen, you choose to set it as your primary monitor?

eddgreen25

Novice Member
Does the movie play on the laptop screen, or not at all?
Is the 2nd screen black, display anything, any flickering?
What happens if beneath where you select the 2nd screen, you choose to set it as your primary monitor?
The movie plays on laptop
The tv screen shows the desktop screen with no icons
Only the netmeter icon
No other item is listed
There's no flicker
Reselution choice under monitor choice
Choice after choosing moniter {2}

Batch

Novice Member
mmm, ok. Are you using Vista or XP? I'm guessing XP. Also, are you able to drag any icons, either off the left or right of laptop screen and have them appear on the TV?

eddgreen25

Novice Member
mmm, ok. Are you using Vista or XP? I'm guessing XP. Also, are you able to drag any icons, either off the left or right of laptop screen and have them appear on the TV?
I'm using Vista
No icons on tv to move around the screen
Only netmeter
Which as a novice I dont understand

Micray

Novice Member
eddgree, do you have a key on your laptop, usually along the top row, that is marked LCD/CRT. Its normal to have a key like this, which when pressed, sometimes along with a function key, toggles between your laptops screen and external output. in this case your T.V.

eddgreen25

Novice Member
eddgree, do you have a key on your laptop, usually along the top row, that is marked LCD/CRT. Its normal to have a key like this, which when pressed, sometimes along with a function key, toggles between your laptops screen and external output. in this case your T.V.
no key marked LCD/CRT

Micray

Novice Member
Well it may be marked differently on your laptop, maybe with a monitor icon.
However there should be a key to toggle between your laptop screen and an external screen or both.

You may find that its sharing the screen between your laptop & TV. If you move your mouse pointer around to all extreams does it show moving from the laptop screen to the TV screen or on both at once?

eddgreen25

Novice Member
Well it may be marked differently on your laptop, maybe with a monitor icon.
However there should be a key to toggle between your laptop screen and an external screen or both.

You may find that its sharing the screen between your laptop & TV. If you move your mouse pointer around to all extreams does it show moving from the laptop screen to the TV screen or on both at once?
cant see a key with a moniter on sorry

eddgreen25

Novice Member
update ive found the keys are F7 and FN
this takes me in another screen
were do i do from here

Micray

Novice Member
Ok, now pressing the fn & F7 several times should go through all the options available on your laptop. These being laptop only, TV only and Laptop & TV together. There may also be one for laptop & TV as one shared screen.

The last being the one you seemed to be describing. Go through them one at a time and try them out and se what you can get. GL.

eddgreen25

Novice Member
Ok, now pressing the fn & F7 several times should go through all the options available on your laptop. These being laptop only, TV only and Laptop & TV together. There may also be one for laptop & TV as one shared screen.

The last being the one you seemed to be describing. Go through them one at a time and try them out and se what you can get. GL.
Thanks Micray for your help

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom