PC ---> TV output


Active Member
I used to playback movies on my TV from my PC using This cable. However, I've got a new graphics card now and it doesn't have a composite out, just a svideo connector, it came with this connector in the box.

Will I be able to use both of those leads to get output on my TV or will I need something like This?

Thanks :)


Standard Member
Be a bit careful with adapters for specific cards.

Your best bet is probably an svideo female to composite female adapter, that way, whatever card you use you'll be able to plug in a standard svideo cable and with the adapter connect your composite cable.

I use one a bit like this

ps...might just be my own bad experience but watch out for male svideo to composite adapters, those I've tried in the past didn't fit too well into the usually slightly recessed svideo socket.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom