1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC to TV

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by jinky32, Feb 16, 2005.

1. jinky32

jinky32

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Sorry if this has been asked before, I've done a check but am still unsure about what to do.

I have a load of DivX films that I watch on my PC, but I'd like to be able to watch them on my TV. Is there a cable I can get that will connect from my PC to my TV?

I've seen threads on here about making VGA to scart cables - is this the only option?

Thanks.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    A PC via VGA will output a RGBHV video signal. A standard TV with scart inputs will normally only accept RGBs, S-Video & composite. Modern LCD & plasma screen do often have a VGA input though that can take a feed from a PC graphics card. Therefore if you only have a standard CRT TV with scart inputs you are not going to be able to connect a VGA to scart cable to the TV and get a picture.
    Many graphics cards have TV-out which means they will have an S-Video &/or a composite output. If yours does not then you can get a PCI TV-out card or even one via USB.

Mark.

3. jinky32

jinky32

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    thanks I'll need to get a graphics card then.

I'm still waiting for the Streamium sl400i to get itself sorted out and this may be a good workaround it he short-term.

4. Spikeydog

Spikeydog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone know of a TV out via usb piece of kit?

John