PC to TV: VGA

akhlaq768

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Need to connect my PC via VGA to my LCD TV which also has VGA...

That will send the picture and also connect the sound via the green pin cable to and from the PC to TV.

Where can I get the cables from? I've been looking at PC World and its around £30, can I get it cheaper?

you may get other suggestions, but where i work i use Lindy for cables. i've ordered a few long VGA cables from them for TV's/Projectors and their pricing has been competative, delivery has been quick (next day, even when i ordered at about 3pm), and quality has been good. they do the fancy "high quality gold plated" stuff if thats what you want but some would argue it makes no difference. either way they will be cheaper than PCW.

VGA | Video / Monitor | Cables | LINDY UK

they do standard, premium (longer distance, black or beige), and gold-premium.

The green pin cable won't work when you connect it to the Headphone socket of the TV, you'll need a 3.5mm to phono cable:lesson:
The small end will go into the headphone socket of the PC, and the red and white go into the side/front of the TV
Hope that helped:D

The green pin cable won't work when you connect it to the Headphone socket of the TV, you'll need a 3.5mm to phono cable:lesson:
The small end will go into the headphone socket of the PC, and the red and white go into the side/front of the TV

That isn't going to work either. Typically the sound input associate with VGA/DVI connections on TV's is a single 3.5 mm connection next to the VGA/DVI. So you need a single 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm cable going from the PC's headphone out connection to the same one on the TV associated with the VGA. Some PC's may have stereo phono out in which case you can use a stereo phono to 3.5 mm cable.

i used to connect mine the same way as moogle said (3.5 to 3.5mm jack ),
works a treat:smashin:

Can you only post if you know the actual answer please.

Curly

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom