1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC to TV question

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by raydundas@bluey, Feb 13, 2005.

1. raydundas@bluey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I was looking at the nes Asus espresso deluxe system, with touch panel and instant on for mP3s and DVDs and remote etc. ant thought it looked pretty damn tooting good, until I realised if you added an AGP card you could not use the instant on and it does not have TV out. So I have 2 questions.

1) does anyone know if there is a reasonably priced external adapter which I could use to convert the VGA signal to svid or rgb etc, so I could take the machine through to my lounge to plug into the telly occasionally

2) does anyone know if, when an AGP card is added, you could still plug the monitor into the on board video to take advantage of the instant on when you wanted it, but use the graphics card output when wanting to game tec, or if the Bios knocks out the on-board as soon as the AGP is introduced.

I have a sneaking suspicion I know the answer to these questions is not good news, but always worth asking.