PC to TH42PZ70 - best method?

B

balearic

Hi all, new to the forums! :thumbsup:

Just a quick question. I have a Radeon X1650 AGP (link shows full specs) which I want to connect to a Panasonic TH42PZ70. I don't yet have the TV, I take delivery of it next Saturday (12th Jan).

Now I am completely new at this. What would be the best cable to use to connect the two? I think I need to use the DVI-I out somehow? Or that might be completely wrong... am I simply best going with a simple S-Video connection straight from the card to the TV? I've been told that does not give the best quality? I'm not sure of the TH42PZ70 PC connectivity options, but one website I have come across says it has a "Mini D-sub 15-pin"?

Thank you for all advice and efforts!

OK, I've ordered one of these. Will that do that trick?

Plexus Gold Plated HDMI To DVI-D Dual Link Cable (Black) 5m

Cheers. Thanks for your help.

DVI-HDMI is the best quality, you can get full 1080p this way depending on your graphics card. S-video is poor and d-sub doesnt support high res's on the PZ70 screens. i use a x1950pro which allows full 1080p so you should be fine.

I use a VGA cable, the type you would connect to a monitor, and then a cable that goes from the headphone socket to the red and white (left and right sound) on the back of the tv. Then with the tv remote I select AV and then the PC input which I think is the yellow button on the remote.

I use, DVI-HDMI and optical out for my HTPC needs. Would definitely recommend this with the PZ70 as I believe it doesn't support the higher resolutions via VGA.

I use, DVI-HDMI and optical out for my HTPC needs. Would definitely recommend this with the PZ70 as I believe it doesn't support the higher resolutions via VGA.

You have the same screen as me, what refresh rate do you use when outputting 1080 resolutions? Unless i use 50hz i get juddery images on windows vista, it doesnt like 25i,30i.

cheers

Thank you for all your help, really appreciated.

Got the cable yesterday... so fingers crossed for tomorrow when I get the TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom