1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC to Samsung LE32R41B

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by kev69r, Aug 11, 2005.

1. kev69r

kev69r
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have the Samsung LE32R41B upstairs and my PC downstairs.
    I have just bought a long DVI to HDMI cable.

The PC has a radion graphics card with TV out which is connected to my TV in my living room.

My question is have i bought the right cable ie DVI to HDMI as the picture is just a 'SWITCHED VERSION'. I cannot seem to max the resolution on the Sammy 1360x768 and it look anyware good.

Should I have bought a different cable from the DVI to the PC input of the Sammy? as I use the other monitor out on the graphics card to an AOC display in the living room.

Thanks Kevin

2. andrewfee

andrewfee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +500
    I'm not quite sure what you mean about not being able to "max the resolution" ?

The HDMI input uses overscan though, so you won't see the full image unless you're outputting an underscanned image (nVidia graphics cards have this option in their drivers) I'm sure it must be possible on an ATi card too though.

Unless you need 50Hz, you should be using VGA for PC on this television - it's the best VGA I've ever seen, and most people seem to agree on that. It's a far easier way to get 1:1 mapping, and I don't know how an underscanned image overscanned to fit the panel will look. The only reason to use HDMI is if you *need* 50hz from your PC, as VGA doesn't support it. (although I do find it a strange decision samsung made - every other input does, even though VGA technically shouldn't do 50Hz anyway)

3. davefuggle

davefuggle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've experimented connecting my PC (ATI Radeon 9800) to my 32R41. Using DVI-HDMI I couldn't get a satisfactory result - default picture was too large (overscan?), and setting to 1360x768 was too small/'choppy'.

Using VGA connection just worked - excellent sharp 1360x768@60Hz picture.

Dave