Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Pc To Pwc Connection

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Baron Von Doom, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Baron Von Doom

Baron Von Doom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    I want to connect my pc to my 37pw7 but am unsure what i need. Is the cable a 15pin to 15 pin ?
    Ive heard some graphics cards are not compatable with plasmas. I have intel 82915g Built in graphics isdoes anyone know if this is compatable?
    Would i be able to run the plasma and pc monitor off of this card or is there a cable splitter available? or do i need a new graphics card?
    if i need a new card does any one have any cheap recomendations(pci express)
    Is s video out on pc worth considering?

2. Baron Von Doom

Baron Von Doom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    CAN ANYONE HELP :lease:

3. Piers

Piers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    As nobody has offered any help so far I will try - but bear in mind I am NOT a PC expert!

15-pin VGA output from the PC to 15-pin VGA input to the plasma should get the PC output to the plasma. The VGA lead (for PC use) is dead cheap - get one, try it, it should work, if it doesn't sorry but you ain't wasted much. (And no doubt some real PC expert will be along shortly).

4. Baron Von Doom

Baron Von Doom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    tHANKS FOR REPLYING. YOUVE SORTED WHAT CABLE I NEED. JUST HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP WITH THE REST OF MY QUESTIONS

5. Rambles

Rambles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,276
    Hi,

In-built graphics are generally considered inferior to a separate graphics card, and you can get a fairly decent PCI-E card for less than £50, so would recommend that in the long term,

A VGA cable from your onboard graphics port to the VGA port on your plasma will produce a picture, as Piers says, have a go and if you are happy with it - all good! If not let us know what software you are using and what you want to watch on the plasma through your pc and we can help you to choose a graphics card.

Running two displays from one card is possible, if your card supports it. It needs 'dual Ramdacs' capable of running two displays simultaneously. If the only video outputs from your pc are VGA and s-video I would suggest that you will not be able to successfully do this with your current set-up but will need a new card. S-video out will produce a picture but the quality is likely to be very poor.

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    If you intend to use the plasma as the display (nopt using a normal monitor as well) you can get OK results from a built in graphics card, Pannasonic have decent scaling engines and will resize most standard VGA resolutions to fit the screen, fine for DVD, gaming but text will be fuzzy, this is where a better card and custom resolution can, if your graphic cards supports it (make sure you have latest drivers and OS up to date) try 1280x 720 at 60Hz from grphics card to plasma...............

7. smack247

smack247
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got my 37pw7 hooked into my computer as a second monitor running it at 1280x720 60Hz, im using a ATI radeaon 9250 card.

The only thing i have a problem with is watching a quicktime movie at full screen, it flicks and judders, AVI's and MPEG's are fine its just quicktime movies at full screen.

Any ideas?