1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC to PV500

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by red1703, Jun 6, 2005.

1. red1703

red1703
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am trying to set up my PC to run through my new Panasonic PV500 Plasma. I am connecting the DVI output in the PC to a hdmi adapter, then to the HDMI input on the plasma. I don't seem to be getting anywhere with this. My graphics card is an ATI 9600. Would appreciate any advice

2. MartinC

MartinC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi red1703

I have been looking at the Panasonic PV500 Plasma because of its HDMI interface. The manual (seen in the local John Lewis store) says that HDMI is not intended for use by a PC.

I have e-mailed Panasonic UK for an explanation of what they mean by 'intended', however all they will say is that "The HDMI input is only for connection to standard AV equipment such as a DVD player with HDMI output. The HDMI terminal cannot be connected to a PC."

Why a PC is not considered to be standard AV equipment baffles me.

This might not be much of an answer to your problem but maybe someone knows of a technical rather than a marketing answer.

MartinC