PC To Plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by bugsystewart, Sep 20, 2007.

1. bugsystewart

bugsystewart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is a major headache for me at the moment.

Unfortunately I'll need to gloss over some of the techie stuff at the moment until I can give a definitive answer.

We currently have a client who has a requested an HP dc5750 Micro Tower, be connected to a Plasma screen in a training suite.

So far, so good. We already had a graphics card in a Dell Optiplex gx280, which provided an HDMI output.

They like HP's though.

The problem was and still is, that we can output video without any problems, but, how should I connect the audio from the PC to the Plasma. In all my experience before, nobody has ever required audio from a PC to a Plasma.

My initial thoughts is to use a 3.5mm mini jack from the audio output from the PC to the audio input on the Plasma.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

2. lumpsucker

lumpsucker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    It depends what input options you have on the plasma. From the LX manual the the PC input audio is a single jack so your theory would be correct.

Cheers

3. bugsystewart

bugsystewart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    lumpsucker,

thanks for that. I kind of suspected that I could use this theory, and, the only thing I need to do is to visit the site (as it's not in the office where I am at the moment) and confirm to myself that there is a audio input mini-jack.

Of course, this could all be academic, as the Plasma has been fitted to a wall, so I may not be able to get 'round the back' or 'into the sides' to actually check.

In which case, I think our client will have to be happy with 'amped' speakers attached to the PC.

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    The answer depends entirely on what plasma it is. Also, in the corporate world, HDMI is almost never the best video connection, you are far better off with pixel mapped VGA