1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC to Plasma Help

Discussion in 'TVs' started by pioneerfde, Feb 8, 2005.

1. pioneerfde

pioneerfde

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I have a 100 questiions but I will try to keep it short.
    I am trying to connect a PC to a Pioneer FDE this is not an XDE so I do not have the 15 pin VGA input. I am trying to connect a PC in order to view WMV files. What is the best way to connect this? Preferably with the HDMI connector?
    Also my old video card had a DVI output would this have been a better option for connection. Or is the 15 pin VGA better.

I also noticed that if I disconnect the plasma panel from the tuner box it has a DVI connection would this connect straight to the PC DVI connnection, I didnt want to go this way but would have preferred to get an HDMI connected.

Open to any ideas.

One other thing I was wondering about viewing HDMI through an XBox I notice a post stating a chipped XBox would display Hi Def WMV files, Does it need to be chipped for any particular reason? Or is it just to play Rewriteable Media

My 3rd option would be a Sky Star 2 Card but I believe HD1 is encrypted now

Thanks. :smashin:

2. dixx

dixx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    One other thing I was wondering about viewing HDMI through an XBox I notice a post stating a chipped XBox would display Hi Def WMV files, Does it need to be chipped for any particular reason? Or is it just to play Rewriteable Media

Im pretty sure you cant use HDMI with the xbox, the best you can get is Component.
    Regarding chip, it depends if you are in europe or america. In europe you cant get the mediaplayer package from MS, you have to use the "hacked" one, hence you need the chip. But also, I highly doubt you can watch the "real"original WMV dvd´s on it, never tried it myself, but would imagine the processing power of the xbox wouldn´t be enough.

My 3rd option would be a Sky Star 2 Card but I believe HD1 is encrypted now

Yep its encrypted now, during the day its stil FTA, but they dont really transmit anything worthwhile until the evenings.

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    As far as i know there is no HDMI ouput from Xbox. to connect PC to FDS you need a graphics card with DVi-D or DVi-I outputs and use a Dvi>HDMI cable freely available..and set resolution to something suitable for display.1280x720 or similar

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    X-box does not have the guts for .wmv hi def, but the chip enables 720p video from hi def games, you need the component video kit. There is no digital video output available for x-box, the PC connection via HDMI should be best at 1280/720, set the refresh rate to match the source material. Native res is impossible. Not my 1st choice of plasma for this kind of thing, that's 2 of your 3 inputs used up I believe.