pc to pj

DisguisedCoot

Established Member
Reaction score
what is the best way to connect my pc to my pj for dvd use? i have s-video out on my grafix card. my pj can exept s -video, component and vga?

VGA is the best connection (HDMI/DVI is usually the best option if you have it, failing that VGA) - try to get 1:1 pixel mapping (so the PC resolution is the same as the projectors panel).

Does this mean that if my projector supports a hidef resoloution, the computer is set to it and its linked via VGA then that screen is technicaly "Hidef"?

Ooo ... also, does this mean any DVD i drag to it is also then being played/upscaled to that hidef res?

How much lower is the quality when using component in these situations?

Cheers for any answers!

Your PJ is 1024x768 (4:3 aspect), Hidef is generally accepted to be 720 (or more) lines in 16:9 aspect. When displaying a 16:9 image you'll be using 1024x576, that's the bad news, the good news is 1024x768 is going to be easy to get your PC to drive with a good stable image.

You could use component (the ATI cards support a component breakout box), but the PJ would have probably have to scale (it's component mode is likely to only accept standard broadcast sizes). So, it'd cost you more and give a worse image. And, as it uses the same port on the PJ (I think the 6210 uses a component converter to the vga connection) the only advantage I can think off is being able to re-use an existing cable. But even then I'd replace it with VGA for this.

The PC will indeed upscale any DVD's to it's native resolution.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom