1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC to pioneer 505HDE via HDMI problem

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by LordFebo, Aug 8, 2005.

1. LordFebo

LordFebo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is there a way to hook my PC (GF6800 ultra DVI) to plasma 505HDE via HDMI and maintain 1:1 pixel? VGA works fine, but I refuse to use analogue cable for connecting two digital devices, and 10 meters of VGA cable doesn't give the quality I paid for. When I try via DVI-HDMI, all I get is 1280x720, not 1280x768. I tried manual resolutions, PowerStrip, nothing worked. I manage to force it to 1280x768, but the picture was distorted.

One more thing: when I connect PC to TV I use dualview in nvidia drivers. How can I play games on plasma then? Must I put plasma as primary display?

2. k0rn

k0rn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Pioneer probably accepts only HD resolutions via HDMI as the Panny PV500 does.

But the image quality of HD video should be breathtaking nevertheless... :clap:

3. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +617
    The 505 does not do 1:1 mapping over the hdmi port, to 1:1 map it you need to go in vga and use the following timings given by Pioneer....

Horizontal scan rate 45.113Khz
    Horizontal total active 1280
    Horizontal front porch 048
    Horizontal sync width 112
    Horizontal back porch 248
    Vertical refresh rate 56.25Hz
    Vertical lines 768
    Vertical front porch 001
    Vertical sync width 003
    Vertical back porch 030

pixel clock = 76.15 MHz

Notice the other problem? who wants to convert everything to 56.25Hz refresh, would look awful with both NTSC and Pal.

It is not really a display to use with a HTPC or scaler to get 1:1 mapping.