1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC to Panny Plasma - "no signal"!!!

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Laskina, Jul 23, 2005.

1. Laskina

Laskina

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have an old PC I use for home cinema (windows media center) and it works a treat (connected to Panny PV500 via 15 pin din).

The family are away today so I thought it would a great opportunity to get my gaming machine (win xp) plugged in and have an afternoon or HL2 & Doom3 :D

However, plugged my gaming PC into the plasma with same 15 pin din and I dont get a picture (the plasma tells me "no signal") :( Plug it back into its normal monitor and its fine :confused:

In both cases I see the win boot up info - but on plasma it disappears at the login screen (res 1152x864).

The graphics card is a Radeon 9800 XT (could use DVI to HMDI but no way of getting a cable today).

Cheers :)

Nick

2. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You are probably running your normal screen at a higher refresh than the panny can take, say 85Hz. Change it to 60Hz and use the resolution you know the panny will take.

Dave

3. Laskina

Laskina

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Dave - it was set at 70Hz - sorted :D