Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

PC to Panny Plasma - "no signal"!!!

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Laskina, Jul 23, 2005.

1. Laskina

Laskina

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have an old PC I use for home cinema (windows media center) and it works a treat (connected to Panny PV500 via 15 pin din).

The family are away today so I thought it would a great opportunity to get my gaming machine (win xp) plugged in and have an afternoon or HL2 & Doom3 :D

However, plugged my gaming PC into the plasma with same 15 pin din and I dont get a picture (the plasma tells me "no signal") :( Plug it back into its normal monitor and its fine :confused:

In both cases I see the win boot up info - but on plasma it disappears at the login screen (res 1152x864).

The graphics card is a Radeon 9800 XT (could use DVI to HMDI but no way of getting a cable today).

Cheers :)

Nick

2. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You are probably running your normal screen at a higher refresh than the panny can take, say 85Hz. Change it to 60Hz and use the resolution you know the panny will take.

Dave

3. Laskina

Laskina

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Dave - it was set at 70Hz - sorted :D