PC to multiple TVs - help

Discussion in 'Home Entertainment Computers' started by liam123456789, Apr 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. liam123456789

liam123456789
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

First post on here and looking for some help with the above question.

Here is the basic goal i am aiming for:

I will have one PC located on the edge of the room (quite a large room but no obstructions like walls etc). This PC will function as a reception computer with one monitor for day to day tasks. I would also like this PC to display on three TV's situated around the room however the TV's will display different content from what the computer monitor will. All three TV's will display the same content as each other.

Preferably i would like to go the wireless route to save on having to route cables.

I have seen some wireless HDMI examples online however these seem to only transmit to one extra screen rather than the three i am needing. Is there some sort of wireless HDMI splitter out there that i haven't found yet?

2. Sandra51

Sandra51

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    You need to set your computer up to dual display and to set it to "Extend these displays" then you would have your main display as the desktop with the start menu and taskbar for day to day stuff and whatever you want to watch on the 3 TVs will be output as the second display and you need that to be a 1 into 3 or 4 way HDMI splitter.

You will find it easier to have a second monitor near the computer and the main desktop monitor as when you want to show content on your TVs you need to open whatever you want to show on the main monitor in a smaller than a full screen window and then drag it across to the second display and then you can maximise it.

You will struggle to drag it over to the second display if you do not have it next to the main display, until you have been used to working with multiple displays for a while.

I have no idea about doing it wirelessly as I have not looked into that.

This is a screenshot of my setup where I have my no. 1 display for my TV and no. 3 is my main desktop and no. 2 is my second display that I use for my day to day computer stuff and when I want to watch anything on my TV or projector I have to drag it, in a less that full sized window across from my no. 3 and no. 2 displays to my no.1 display and then maximise it.

You will only show 2 displays if you do as I suggest, as you would have the second display going into a 1 in and 4 out HDMI splitter and then into the 3 TVs and the second monitor, if you used one, and then the 3 TVs would all show the same content, along with the second monitor if used.

If I have not explained something fully please get back to me :)

Multiple monitors.JPG

3. Sandra51

Sandra51

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    I wonder why someone would join a forum ask a question then never look on the forum again to see if anyone had answered. :confused:

I spent a lot of time trying to help this guy out and he never even looked to see if there was a solution :rolleyes:

4. Rambles

Rambles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,724
    I get equally annoyed when I post some helpful info and the thread just carries on completely ignoring my posting. o_O

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  5. Sandra51

Sandra51

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    I doubt it as he registered and posted the question and according to his profile he has never visited the forum again for some reason. :confused: