PC to LCD TV

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by forever_red, Sep 13, 2007.

Tags:
  1. forever_red

forever_red

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Guys

Im having a bit of trouble on setting up my pc to my LCD tv.
    What i've tried so far, is connected my graphics card from my pc to the tv by using a dvi-hdmi adapter and then hdmi to hdmi cable straight to my tv.
    All im getting is a blank screen, Do i need to activate a screen, or change any resolution settings, or output mode on my pc in order for it to pickup. I have a 32" Samsung which i belive goes up 1360x768
    Im not that technically clued up so any help would be well appreciated.

Thanks,

2. TechieSarah

TechieSarah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +218
    I run my PC through a Phillips 28" LCD TV

I run a DVI connector from the back of the PC to the input of the screen.

I have to select input as PC-D on the remote, which is PC-Digital teh other option is PC-A which i presume is PC-Anaologue.

I had to change no settings on my PC and can run at a range of resolutions.

If your currently got a cable between PC and TV check the remote for input settings, i.e. source and amke sure its Digital or DVI

3. Mooky55

Mooky55

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Yeah assuming that you have changed the Source or Input setting to HDMI to correspond with the input you are using, from your text it would seem HDMI.. I would try Rebooting the PC.

At taht point, if it still does not work, there could be something wrong with your cable or converter, try using a DVI cable to your DVI slot on your tv or if you only have vga, then a dvi to vga converter and see if you get a signal by that input (obvioosuly changing the source/input each time to the one your are using).

4. forever_red

forever_red

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi,

For some reason on my tv using the source buttons i can only scroll through ext1,ext2,av and digital tv, the manual says s-video, component, pc and hdmi should be there too, but i cant see any.

I have also tried using a straight vga connection pc to tv but again nothing came up.