pc to lcd tv and home theatre set up help

bruny

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all
i'm looking for some help with setting up my pc to lcd tv and home theatre for 5.1 surround sound.tv is samsung le40m87 and panasonic home theatre all in one system sc-ht900.in my pc i have a radeon hd 4850 icq4 turbo video card.

pc connections are 2xdvi plus i have the dvi2hdmi connector/convertor also 6xcoloured audio out connections blue/green/pink/orange/black/and grey also have spdif connection.
on my tv i have digital audtio out (optical)
on my home cinema i have optical in.

would it be possible to connect pc to tv using dvi2hdmi connector/convertor with hdmi to hdmi cable in to tv.then run an optical cable from tv to home cinema.don't know if this set up would work or wether anyone has any other options. any help with this would be appreiciated. tv and home theatre about 23 feet from pc

look forward to any suggestions many thanks bruny

Hello bruny

Your TV will most likely only accept a 2.0 (stereo) audio Input signal via HDMI.

The Optical Out from the TV will likely only ever deliver a 2.0 (stereo) signal - best to connect any Sources equipped with 5.1 Optical Out direct to the AV Amp; you may then require some form of Optical switch if you have multiple Sources and a single Optical Input on the AV Amp.

You may find one of the HDMI Inputs on the TV is designated for PC use - in addition to HDTV signal compatibility it will also cater for PC resolutions and timings.

A DVI2HDMI adapter will be fine - though as above you will need to ensure the PC is A. talking to a PC enabled HDMI [port or B. set to Output a signal the HDMI Input on the TV is compatible with!

Ideally you want to set the PC to the native resolution of the Display and bypass any form of image processing on the Display (do a search for 'Pixel Mapping' using the Forum Search tool).

Joe

thanks for your reply joe
i thought connecting straight to av amp would be the best option,but wasn't sure, will look up pixel mapping,once again thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom