Pc to lcd help please

bashman40

Standard Member
Hi guy’s I’m new to this forum decided to register to join you community for some advice and hopely give advice on anything i can help with also. I have a computing back ground which isn’t the greatest but is enough to do a fair amount of work with PC’s.
I’v been trying to sort this out for a while now but its just been left and forgot about cause I’m not too sure how to go about it. Im trying to get my PC running on my LCD TV which is a Toshiba AV50 42 inch which has 2 HDMI ports, two scart, some video and sound phono ports also. My PC has a MSI FX5200 graphics card in it which has S-Video and DVI-D ports.
I have tried the using a S-video connection which had a really bad quality image (similar to an old Sega drive console lol) i also purchased a HDMI to DVI-D cable which worked but yet again the quality was bad and i couldn’t get it to run a clone on both screens (monitor and LCD TV).
So my question is can i use the DVI-D to HDMI to get a better picture using certain software or would i need to upgrade my graphics card to a HDMI supporting card? Would i get a decent picture quality?
Any advice would be appreciated.:smashin:

Stiggy

Distinguished Member
I also purchased a HDMI to DVI-D cable which worked but yet again the quality was bad and i couldn’t get it to run a clone on both screens (monitor and LCD TV).
So my question is can i use the DVI-D to HDMI to get a better picture using certain software or would i need to upgrade my graphics card to a HDMI supporting card? Would i get a decent picture quality?
Any advice would be appreciated.:smashin:
In what way was the picture quality bad?
Why do you need to clone the display?
What software are you using for video playback, and what kind of contect are you trying to play?

Sonic67

Banned
Can you also connect via D-sub?

D-subminiature - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Are you trying to connect with a laptop?

With a laptop you either have an icon in the system tray and you have to choose 'output to' (and then select both) or you need to press something like the Fn button on the keyboard (often blue and bottom left on the keyboard) together with another key which then cycles around 'display on laptop/display on monitor/display on both'.

bashman40

Standard Member
Hi guys thanks for the input im trying to run get home PC to connect to my LCD screen (tv) im not going to be playing games I will just be browsing and watching videos, when I say bad quality I mean the graphics are not as good as my PC monitor. Im using the software which came with the graphics card which is called VIA/S3G Display driver.

[Mod Comment: We don't need to know if/where else you have posted this]

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom